All practical exams for 2023 will be digital. There are no face-to-face exams in 2023 in US/Canada. Digital grades and diplomas (DGD) exams are a permanent product that will be ongoing even when we restart the face-to-face exams.
For USA registration information and center representative contacts please go to the US contacts page.
Music digital graded exam requirements:
- Pieces: 3 (4 for singers) performance pieces
- Technical Work: exercises/studies/orchestral extracts (for instrumentalists) and scales & arpeggios (taken from a selection). The Technical Work requirement documents for each instrument is found on the website.
- Overall Performance: marked based on the entire performance on performance delivery, focus and musical awareness [this takes the place of sight-reading, aural test, musical knowledge (grades 1-5) and improvisation]
Drama graded exam requirements:
- same as the syllabus except that the supporting skills questions will be taken from the website from the same week the candidate uploads the video.
- The videotape of the performance and technical requirements must be filmed in ONE CONTINUOUS take with no editing – just like a face-to-face exam where the candidate performs 3 (4 for singers) pieces and technical requirements in one sitting.
- Teachers and candidates should go to the website to read about filming guidelines and the necessary documents required for upload, etc. before registering so that you have everything ready for uploading onto the Submittable Portal come the time.
THERE WILL BE NO WITHDRAWALS, REFUNDS, OR DEFERRALS AFTER YOU HAVE REGISTERED AND/OR MISSED THE TWO-WEEK EXAM UPLOAD PERIOD.