You should read the syllabus requirements carefully before your exam. If you do not meet all the relevant requirements, the examiner may refer your exam result to Trinity's London office for review and marks may be deducted.
Information & Regulations Music exams information and checklist
Own choice song errata (Rock & Pop from 2015)
Rock & Pop from 2018 Bass Initial
- Gloria (recording) – the bassist incorrectly repeats the opening rhythm up to bar 18, instead of changing at bar 5. The score is correct.
Rock & Pop from 2018 Bass Grade 1
- Page 29 (Mull of Kintyre) – double bar line at bar 3 should be a forward repeat bar line. [correct in the second impression]
- Page 30 (Mull of Kintyre) – bar 8a, 3rd beat – notation is correct, tab should be open on the lowest line. [Corrected in the third impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Bass Grade 2
- Page 18 (Private Life) – bar 18 – the E minim should be a D (the space below on the score, fret 12 on the TAB).
Rock & Pop from 2018 Bass Grade 4
- Page 7 (Forever) – TAB missing from bars 24 and 33. [correct in the third impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Bass Grade 6
- Pages 8-9 (No One Knows) – TAB, bar 65 – the last Gs should be fret 10 on the A string line. TAB, bars 69a and 72 – the last G in both bars should be fret 10 on the A string line.
- Pages 21 (Orion) – TAB, bar 20 – the 6th quaver (8th note) should be fret 3, to match bar 24.
[Bass section last updated 1 April 2021]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Drums Grade 3
- Page 32 (Sweet Emotion) – bar 17 diamond-notehead quavers should be on the top line, not above it, indicating Ride Bell.
- On the CD only, the guitar part is missing from the audio for London Calling. The MP3 download currently available from SoundWise is unaffected.
Rock & Pop from 2018 Drums Grade 5
- Page 6 (Alive) – bar 19 should be changed to match bar 36 (page 7).
Rock & Pop from 2018 Drums Grade 7
- Pages 11-13 (Rope) – bars 41, 45, 49, 73, 77, 81, 105, 109, 113 and 117: ride bell cymbal should have a tie from the final semiquaver of beat 1 to beat 2. This will be amended in the fourth impression
[Drums section last updated 7 February 2019]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Guitar Grade 1
- Page 23 (Oh Yeah) – bars 21-22 included some extra off-beat TAB chords in the first impression – these should be removed. [correct in the second impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Guitar Grade 2
- Page 23 (Summer of ‘69) – TAB bar 19 should have a B added on the 5th string (fret 2). TAB bar 26 final beat should have a 3 and 1 on strings 4 and 5. [both correct in the second impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Guitar Grade 3
- Page 22 (Lonely Boy) – TAB bars 20a-20b open As should be 5th fret on string 6. [correct in the second impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Guitar Grade 6
- Page 38 (The Wind Cries Mary) – TAB bar 11, 7th semiquaver should have a 5th fret G (string 4) and 8th semiquaver should have D and B natural (frets 3/4 on string 2/3). [correct in second impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Guitar Grade 7
- Page 21 (New Born) – TAB bar 65 should have a B and F sharp on the final beat (4 and 2 on strings 4 and 5). [correct in the second impression]
- Page 31 (Orion) – TAB bar 29 first beat, top tab number should be a 15 on string 2. [correct in the second impression]
- Pages 45-49 (Sultans of Swing) – bars 48, 52, 76, 80, 104, 108, 136 & 140, 4th beat should be a D minor chord (F, D, A on strings 2, 3 and 4). [correct in the second impression]
- Page 54 (Voodoo Child) – bar 33 4th quaver should be a single note E. [correct in the second impression]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Guitar Grade 8
- In the audio for Sweet Child of Mine, bars 26 and 30, the guitarist plays F and E on beats 3 and 4 instead of D and E. The notation and TAB are correct in the book.
[Guitar section last updated 7 November 2018]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Keyboards Grade 5
- Page 57 (With a Little Help from My Friends) – RH G sharp in first bar should be G natural.
[Keyboards section last updated 7 November 2018]
Rock & Pop from 2018 Vocals Grade 2
- Page 21 (Get Lucky) – bar 25 lyric should read 'She's up all night to the Sun'.
[Vocals section last updated 7 November 2018]
Music publications and syllabus errata (Classical & Jazz)