Practical acting skills for aspiring performers
Acting exams for learners who want to focus on vocal, physical and characterisation skills in dramatic performance.
Individuals, pairs or groups can perform a range of play extracts from a variety of periods and styles, and engage with devised forms of theatre. The format of the exams allows them to choose from a wide range of options, focusing on the literary and dramatic forms that complement their studies or that they want to explore further.
- Aligned to professional actor training methods: develop vocal and physical characterisation skills that actors use to create successful performances
- Develop a range of transferable skills: creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and confidence
- Candidates chose performance material to reflect their own culture, interests and identity
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills through practical performance and the ability to reflect on your learning
Hear from our Academic team
Read this blog post by Gregg Whelan, Trinity's Director of Performance on how we have improved our drama offer for schools, teachers and candidates.
Find out more
- Solo, duo, group and full production exams
- Available from Initial to Grade 8
- Face-to-face and digital options