Flexible graded exams encouraging singers to perform to their strengths
The music you want to sing
The performer you want to be
The recognition you deserve
The Singing 2018-2021 syllabus
New 2018-2021 syllabus now available - valid from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2021.
Get a taster of some of the songs and exercises from the 2018-2021 syllabus by downloading a free sample booklet. The booklet features free songs and exercises across a range of levels, styles and languages for you to explore.
Register your interest
Stay up to date with news about the new Singing syllabus, publications and professional development programmes, as well as giveaways and offers.
Enter for a Singing exam
There are two ways to book an exam:
- Download an entry form here and send it with the full fee to your local representative, or
- Book online using Trinity's new music booking service - this is currently available at selected UK centres only. The service permits booking and payment online, and the ability to choose a date at the point of booking.
Please note: you should read the syllabus requirements carefully before your exam. If you do not meet all the relevant requirements, the examiner may refer your exam result to Trinity’s London office for review and marks may be deducted. Please see Information and Regulations and Syllabus infringements for more information.
Supporting Singing publications
The following books supporting the syllabus will be available to buy in October:
Graded Singing repertoire books (Initial-Grade 8)
- Available for Singing for the first time
- Feature songs in a range of languages, from a range of international composers
- Include informative teaching notes and translations of non-English texts
- Accompanied by CDs with piano accompaniments and audio pronunciation guides by native speakers of the songs’ languages
Vocal Exercises book (Initial-Grade 8)
- Features three exercises per grade, six at Grades 6-8
- Provides exercises for pitch and tone, rhythm, and diction
- Includes full lyrics
Trinity also publishes the following series:
Visit our online shop
Digital resources are available to support learning, including advice and content on:
- Pieces, performance and technique
- Supporting tests
- Technical work
You can access:
- Bite-sized videos to support the syllabus
- Practice resources for learners
- Tips for teachers
All of the songs from our 2018-2021 graded singing books can be accessed digitally on Tido’s app for web and iPad. By subscribing to the app, singers can practise the songs they are working on for their Trinity singing exam in a digital, interactive and portable way. Find out more here.
Sign up for a 7-day free trial
Full details of entry procedures and exam regulations can be found in our Information & Regulations booklet.
Eisteddfod yr Urdd song option
From January 2018, young entrants competing in the Solo Song classes in Eisteddfod yr Urdd may offer their competition piece as one of the songs in their Trinity graded singing exam.
Click here for further details.
Darnau Gosod Eisteddfod yr Urdd
O Ionawr 2018, bydd cystadleuwyr yng nghystadlaethau Unawdau Eisteddfod yr Urdd yn gallu defnyddio darnau gosod yr Eisteddfod ar gyfer eu harholiadau canu unigol gyda Trinity College London.
Cliciwch yma am ragor o wybodaeth.