You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level C1 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa
Trinity’s ISE III exam = CEFR C1.
- Test of 4 skills: Reading & Writing and Speaking & Listening
- Test taken in 1 day
- Certificate usually sent within 21 days
Prepare for your test
There are two ISE III exam modules - Reading & Writing and Speaking & Listening.
- The Reading & Writing part of the test is 2 hours long
- The Speaking & Listening part of the test is 25 minutes long
For a Secure English Language Test (SELT), both modules are taken on the same day at a UK Trinity SELT Centre. Candidates must pass both modules for an ISE III (B2) qualification.
Visit Prepare for your ISE III test to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for both modules.
Prepare for your test Find a preparation course Special needs requests
Computer-based test option (Hammersmith - London West only)
Candidates take the Reading & Writing part of ISE III (C1) on computer at the Hammersmith - London West SELT Centre - find out more.
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity's SELT Centre Candidate ID policy.
- Remember to prepare a formal presentation handout to take to the exam for discussion with the examiner - see Guide for Students – ISE III (SELT)
- You may use brief notes to help you give your presentation, but you may not read from a script
Book your ISE III test
What do CEFR, SELT and GESE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English