The exams that put performance first
Build authentic skills
Explore diverse repertoire
Benefit from industry expertise
The Strings Syllabus 2020-2023
Register your interest
Stay up to date with news about the new Strings syllabus, publications, resources and professional development programmes, as well as giveaways and offers.
Enter for a Strings exam
There are two ways to book an exam:
Please note: you should read the syllabus requirements carefully before your exam. If you do not meet all the relevant requirements, the examiner may refer your exam result to Trinity’s London office for review and marks may be deducted. Please see Information and Regulations and Syllabus infringements for more information.
Supporting Strings publications
The following books supporting the syllabus are now available:
- Violin Exam repertoire books available for Initial to Grade 8
- Take your Bow for mixed-strings group teaching, with selected pieces featured in the syllabus
- Raise the Bar Violin three volumes of favourite pieces from previous syllabuses to give learners even more choice
- Performance Edition: Violin four books showcasing previously unpublished pieces by contemporary composers
- Scales, Arpeggios & Studies books for violin, viola, cello, and double bass
- Sound at Sight - a wealth of approachable and attractive sight reading books available for Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass. Harp sight reading examples can be downloaded from our resources site.
Visit our online shop
The Strings Syllabus 2016-2019 and overlap arrangements
There will be a one-year overlap between syllabuses during which time candidates may offer pieces and technical work requirements from either the 2016-2019 or 2020-2023 syllabus, but not a mixture of both. There are no changes to the supporting tests.
Full details of entry procedures and exam regulations can be found in our Information & Regulations booklet.
Trinity Talent Class of 2019
For more information see www.voicemag.uk/trinity-talent