You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level B2 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa (although UKVI requires a B2 test, some institutions require C1 — please check with your sponsor
- Innovator visa
- Start-up visa
Trinity’s ISE II exam = CEFR B2.
- Test of 4 skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Test taken in 1 day
- Certificate usually sent within 21 days
Prepare for your test
There are two ISE II exam modules - Reading & Writing and Speaking & Listening.
- The Reading & Writing part of the test is 2 hours long
- The Speaking & Listening part of the test is 20 minutes long
For a Secure English Language Test (SELT), both modules are taken on the same day at a UK Trinity SELT Centre. Candidates must pass both modules for an ISE II (B2) qualification.
Visit Prepare for your ISE II test to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for both modules.
Prepare for your test Find a preparation course Special needs requests
Computer-based test option
Candidates take the Reading & Writing part of ISE II (B2) on a computer at Hammersmith - London West. Find out more.
Take with you to the test
Book your ISE II test
What do CEFR, SELT and GESE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English