SELT course preparation
The Trinity SELT exams that course providers can prepare candidates for are:
- GESE: Graded Examinations in Spoken English.
See a list of GESE resources.
- ISE: Integrated Skills in English four skills exams.
See a list of ISE resources.
See how CEFR levels align with NQF levels here.
GESE exams – Notes for SELT course providers
Trinity’s GESE exams are suitable for SELT and non-SELT candidates so course providers will find materials in both the UK visa section of our website and the ESOL qualifications section. Some of the materials in the UK visa section have been slightly modified to reflect adult test taker profiles.
- Prepare for your exam - GESE Grade 2 - SELT (materials suitable for adult learners)
- GESE Grades 1-3 area of main Trinity website (some materials may be more suitable for younger candidates)
- Prepare for your exam - GESE Grade 5 - SELT (materials suitable for adult learners)
- GESE Grades 4-6 area of main Trinity website (some materials may be more suitable for younger candidates)
Please note: GESE certification timing and exam administration differs between SELT and non-SELT exams. Exams taken for SELT visa purposes in the UK MUST be taken in a Trinity SELT Centre.
ISE exams – Notes for SELT course providers
Trinity ISE exams are suitable for SELT and non-SELT candidates. Course providers will therefore find resources available in both the UK visa section of this website and in ESOL qualifications (where there is also an overview and introduction to ISE, together with links to teaching and learning resources for each proficiency level).
For ease of reference, here are quick links to the relevant pages in the SELT section:
- ISE I (B1) teaching and learning support resources
- ISE II (B2) teaching and learning support resources
- ISE III (C1) teaching and learning support resources
Here are quick links to example Scheme of Work templates for preparing your own coursework:
Whereas non-SELT candidates may take ISE exam modules on different days, candidates taking ISE for SELT purposes in the UK MUST take both exam modules on the same day in a Trinity SELT Centre. Accordingly, SELT candidates who pass ISE receive a single ISE certificate.
For SELT students, please ONLY use the ISE Guides for Students in the UK visa section of the website. This is because of differences in certification description.