C1 SELT – ISE III
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level C1 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa
Trinity’s ISE III exam = CEFR C1.
Prepare for your test
Visit ISE III (C1) teaching and learning support resources to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for this exam.
|Teaching and learning support resources||SELT preparation courses|
Book your test
You must take exams for visas at a SELT centre.
|Book Birmingham||Book Glasgow||Book Leeds|
|Book London Croydon||Book London Hammersmith||Book London Holborn|
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s SELT Centre Candidate ID policy
- Remember to prepare a formal presentation handout to take to the exam for discussion with the examiner - see Guide for Students – ISE III
- You may use brief notes to help you give your presentation, but you may not read from a script
Results and certificates
Results will be issued and sent usually within 21 days of taking your ISE test. When you receive your ISE results, you will also receive:
- a diagnostic report for each skill showing how you performed in the test
- a certificate - when you pass both parts of the test (Speaking & Listening, Reading & Writing)
Visit our Understanding your ISE results page for:
- Information if you pass or fail
- ISE scoring information
- Understanding your diagnostic report
- How to improve your skills if you have failed
What do CEFR, SELT and ISE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English