B2 SELT – ISE II
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level B2 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa (although UKVI requires a B2 test, some institutions require C1 — please check with your sponsor)
Trinity’s ISE II exam = CEFR B2.
Prepare for your test
Visit ISE II (B2) teaching and learning support resources to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for this exam.
|Teaching and learning support resources||SELT preparation courses|
Book your test
You must take exams for visas at a SELT centre.
|Book Belfast||Book Birmingham||Book Cardiff|
|Book Glasgow||Book Leeds||Book London Croydon|
|Book London Hammersmith||Book London Holborn||Book Manchester|
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s SELT Centre Candidate ID policy
- Remember to bring your topic notes, a diagram, or a mind map to the exam for discussion with the examiner - see Guide for Students – ISE II
Results and certificates
When you get your results for ISE, you receive:
- a certificate if you passed both parts of the exam
- a diagnostic report for each skill showing how you performed in the exam
Candidates who pass both parts of their ISE SELT test usually receive their certificate within 21 days.
Visit our Understanding your ISE results page for:
- Information for if you pass or fail
- Understanding your diagnostic report
- ISE scoring information
- How to improve your skills if you have failed
What do CEFR, SELT and ISE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English