Jump to content

English exams approved for visas and immigration

Trinity’s GESE and ISE exams remain on the list of Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) approved for visa and immigration purposes by the UK Home Office. 


You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.

If you need to prove your English language ability for your visa, you can use the following Trinity College London exams. These exams are approved by the UK Home Office as Secure English Language Tests (SELTs).


Trinity Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE)


Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE)


Note: CEFR A1, B1 and B2 are levels of English language proficiency that have been mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

Back to top