English exams approved for visas and immigration
|Trinity’s GESE and ISE exams remain on the list of Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) approved for visa and immigration purposes by the UK Home Office.|
You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.
If you need to prove your English language ability for your visa, you can use the following Trinity College London exams. These exams are approved by the UK Home Office as Secure English Language Tests (SELTs).
Trinity Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE)
- Spouses and Partners visa – Speaking & Listening (CEFR A1)
- Indefinite leave to remain (to settle) or citizenship – Speaking & Listening (CEFR B1)
Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
- Tier 4 Student visas (below degree level) – (CEFR B1)
- Tier 4 Student visas (degree level and above) – (CEFR B2)
- Tier 1 Work visas (entrepreneur) – (CEFR B1)
- Tier 1 Work visas (exceptional talent) – (CEFR B1)
- Tier 2 General visas – (CEFR B1)
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion visas – (CEFR B2)
- Tier 2 Sportsperson visas – (CEFR A1)
Note: CEFR A1, B1 and B2 are levels of English language proficiency that have been mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).