Grade and certificate examinations
Graded examinations may be taken in the following subjects:
All these subjects are available at three levels:
- Foundation (Grades 1-3)
- Intermediate (Grades 4-5)
- Advanced (Grades 6-8)
In addition, Performance Certificates may be taken at four levels:
- Young Performers (pre Grade 1; up to age 7)
- Foundation (post Grade 3)
- Intermediate (post Grade 5)
- Advanced (post Grade 8)
Although there is a natural progression through Trinity’s drama certificates and exams from Young Performers Certificates to Initial to Grade 8 and then onto Diplomas, candidates may enter at any level. There is no upper age limit, but the Age and Grade Guidance is provided regarding the minimum age for each stage.
All successful candidates in the Grade and Certificate examinations receive certificates showing their level of achievement as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
* Withdrawal of Choral Speaking and Shakespeare grades
Following a syllabus review and in preparation for the publication of a revised Acting and Speaking syllabus, the Shakespeare (solos, pairs and groups) and the Choral Speaking graded exams will be withdrawn.
The withdrawal dates are as follows:
- 17th April 2017 - all entries must be received by Trinity and entered onto the examinations database by this date.
- 30th April 2017 – this is the last date on which candidates for the Choral Speaking and Shakespeare graded exams can be examined.
- Certificates will continue to be issued for these qualifications until 31 December 2017.
Guidance on suitable alternatives can be found as follows: