Classical Guitar 2020-2023
Classical Guitar Syllabus 2020-2023 now available
Valid from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2023
From autumn 2019 there are two exciting new updates to Guitar:
- Classical Guitar 2020-2023 - available from 3 October 2019.
- Coming November 2019, a new Acoustic Guitar syllabus reinvents the popular Plectrum Guitar syllabus, keeping it vital and relevant to today’s guitarist by giving teachers and learners the flexibility to develop fingerstyle and plectrum playing.
Styles and duets
Support and inspiration from leading guitarists and teachers - with advice on styles and techniques - is available at our Music Resources site.
Video: Grade 3 (Duet) – The Coasts of High Barbary
Register your interest
Stay up to date with news about the new Classical Guitar syllabus, publications, resources and professional development programmes, as well as giveaways and offers.
Enter for a Classical Guitar exam
There are two ways to book an exam:
Please note: you should read the syllabus requirements carefully before your exam. If you do not meet all the relevant requirements, the examiner may refer your exam result to Trinity’s London office for review and marks may be deducted. Please see Information and Regulations and Syllabus infringements for more information.
Supporting Classical Guitar publications
The following books supporting the syllabus are now available:
- Raise the Bar Guitar books
- Classical Guitar exam repertoire (Initial-Grade 8)
- Performance Edition – Guitar books
- Sound at Sight Classical Guitar books
- Scales, Arpeggios and studies books
Visit our online shop
The Guitar Syllabus 2016-2019 and overlap arrangements
There will be a one-year overlap between syllabuses during which time candidates may offer pieces and technical work requirements from either the 2016-2019 or 2020-2023 syllabus, but not a mixture of both. There are no changes to the supporting tests.
Free downloadable guidance for Improvisation and Musical Knowledge can be found on our supporting tests page.
Full details of entry procedures and exam regulations can be found in our Information & Regulations booklet.
Trinity Talent Class of 2019
For more information see www.voicemag.uk/trinity-talent