Woodwind publications errata
Clarinet Scales, Arpeggios & Exercises Grades 1-8 from 2015
- Grade 5 – page 26, E major arpeggio – start on the lower E note to match the E major scale. [amended in the third impression, April 2017]
Oboe Scales, Arpeggios & Exercises Grades 1-8 from 2015
- Grade 6 – page 28, diminished 7th starting on B flat – all F double-flats should be replaced with F flats.
Saxophone Scales, Arpeggios & Exercises Grades 1-8 from 2015
- Grade 8 – page 50, F# major arpeggio with a lowered 7th should be marked with an asterisk to denote that it is relevant to the Jazz Saxophone syllabus.
- Grade 8 – page 51, Mixolydian scale on Bb should not have a flat sign before the high C on the second system.
- Grade 8 – page 52, Bb jazz melodic minor scale – final octave descending should have a G natural and no B natural.
Grade 7 Clarinet Exam Pieces 2017-2020
- Page 23 of score and page 10 of part – metronome mark for Templeton In Rhythm should be minim = 80–84 (not crotchet = 80–84)
Initial Flute Exam Pieces 2017-2020
- Page 7 of part – The correct title of the piece entitled Blow the Wind Southerly is in fact Blow the Man Down.
Grade 4 Flute Exam Pieces 2017-2020
- Page 3 (of both part and accompaniment) – J S Bach Siciliano (Group A) – last quaver of bar 1, flute part should be E flat (not E natural).
Grade 5 Flute Exam Pieces 2017-2020
- Page 7 of part, page 12 of accompaniment – Mozart Adagio (Group A) – first note of flute part should be F# (top line of stave), not G. [amended in the second impression, 2018]
Mosaics Flute book 1
- Page 18 – Jig-Jag – tempo marking should be dotted crotchet = 108. [amended in the fourth impression]
Recorder Anthology 3 (Grades 4 & 5)
- Page 21 (recorder part) – Paul Clark A Study – bar 11 semiquavers should read E flat, D (not D flat, C). The following quaver then becomes an E flat.
Woodwind Syllabus 2017-2020 errata
- Grade 5 – Galliard Sonata no. 3 in F, 3rd movt: Adagio and 4th movt: Spiritoso (Group A) publisher code should be IMC2114. (The Schott edition inccorecctly listed is not the correct piece.) [amended in the online edition]
- Grade 1 – Beach Midnight Waltz (Group A) has been removed. [amended in the online edition]
- Grade 1 – Rae Three Blue Mice should be listed in Group A rather than Group B. [amended in the online edition]
- Grade 8 – Brahms Sonata in F minor, op. 120 no. 1, 1st movt appears twice in Group A. It should be removed from the 'alternative pieces' list (with no subsitute piece), but remains on the list of pieces contained within the Clarinet Exam Pieces 2017–-020 Grade 8 book. [amended in the online edition]
- Grade 8 – Mendelssohn Sonata in Eb – only the first movement (Adagio - Allegro moderato) is required.
- Initial – The correct title of the piece entitled Blow the Wind Southerly is in fact Blow the Man Down.
- Grade 4 – Gunning Poirot (Group A) has been removed. It is correctly listed at Grade 5. [amended in the online edition]
- Grade 5 – Ravel Bolero (Group A) has been removed. [amended in the online edition]
- Grade 1 – Handel Gavotte is no. 16 from Spielbuch fur sopran-blockflote und klavier.
- Grieg Norwegian Dance (Grade 1), Trad. The Minstrel Boy (Grade 1) and Purcell Trumpet Tune (Grade 2) should be listed in Group B rather than Group A. [amended in the online edition]
[Woodwind section last updated 28 May 2019]