In response to the current situation with regard to Covid-19, calculated assessment are now available for all Rock & Pop Graded exams.
Calculated assessment involves two steps.
A filmed performance of your three graded songs, uploaded to our portal and marked remotely by an examiner. You will receive feedback and marks on each song using the same assessment criteria as for a graded music exam.
Step 2 Book now
Trinity will calculate your result, based on the marks given for your pieces. You will then be awarded your regulated qualification. For further information about how this is calculated please visit the results calculation page.
For full information, please click on the syllabus below.
Rock & Pop Syllabus
- This option is available now for a limited period.
- To take this assessment you must have access to:
- a high-quality audio/visual recording device with enough storage for your performance (eg good quality mobile phone, tablet, laptop or video camera)
- a working internet connection for uploading your performance and supporting files.
- a separate audio playback device that will allow you to play backing tracks for your exam songs
- You will need to provide an email address when booking.
- All candidates must have booked or converted by the following dates:
- 25 June 2020 – Candidates intending on using the UCAS points as part of their higher education application
- 17 July 2020 – Candidates outside of the UK and Ireland
- 31 July 2020 – UK and Ireland candidates
- All candidates must have uploaded their videos by the following dates:
- 10 July 2020 – Candidates intending on using the UCAS points as part of their higher education application
- 31 July 2020 – Candidates outside of the UK and Ireland
- 14 August 2020 – UK and Ireland candidates
Full details (including song lists) for each instrument can be found on our Rock & Pop site.
Visit the Rock & Pop site