In response to the current situation with regard to Covid-19, calculated assessment is now available for:
- Musical Theatre Grades 1-8
• Performance Arts Grades 1-8
• Acting Grades 1-8
• Performing Text Grades Initial-8
• Speech and Drama Grades Initial-8
Adapted arrangements are available for the following exams:
- Communication Skills Grades Initial – 8
• ATCL Performing (Speech and Drama)
• ATCL Performing (Musical Theatre)
• ATCL Performing (Performance Arts)
• ATCL Communication Skills (Public Speaking)
• LTCL Performing (Speech and Drama)
• LTCL Performing (Musical Theatre)
• LTCL Performing (Performance Arts)
• LTCL Communication Skills (Public Speaking).
Calculated assessments involve two steps. For adapted assessments, candidates can take the whole exam using the adapted arrangements and upload the videoed exam tasks to our portal to be marked remotely by the examiner. Please see our guidance documents below. These guidance documents should be read alongside the adapted syllabuses for Diplomas and for Communication Skills.
Communication Skills Graded Syllabus – adapted exam guidance for teachers
LTCL Performing Diplomas - Unit 1 – adapted guidance
Step 1 Book now
A filmed performance of your pieces, uploaded to our portal and marked remotely by an examiner. You will receive feedback and marks on each piece using the same assessment criteria as for a drama exam.
Step 2 (calculated assessments only)
Trinity will calculate your result, based on the marks given for your pieces. You will then be awarded your regulated qualification. For further information about how this is calculated please visit the results calculation page.
For full information, please click on the relevant syllabus below.
Acting Graded Syllabus Communication Skills Graded Syllabus
Musical Theatre Graded Syllabus Performance Arts Graded Syllabus
Speech and Drama and Performing Text Graded Syllabus
Drama Diplomas Syllabus
- This option is available now for a limited period.
- To take this assessment you must have access to:
- a high-quality audio/visual recording device with enough storage for your performance (eg good quality mobile phone, tablet, laptop or video camera)
- a working internet connection for uploading your performance and supporting files.
- You will need to provide an email address when booking.
- All candidates must have booked or converted by the following dates:
- 25 June 2020 – Candidates intending on using the UCAS points as part of their higher education application
- 17 July 2020 – Candidates outside of the UK and Ireland
- 31 July 2020 – UK and Ireland candidates
- All candidates must have uploaded their videos by the following dates:
- 10 July 2020 – Candidates intending on using the UCAS points as part of their higher education application
- 31 July 2020 – Candidates outside of the UK and Ireland
- 14 August 2020 – UK and Ireland candidates
Full details can be found on the speech and drama pages of the website.
Visit the Drama section