Prepare to perform! New syllabus specifications available now
19 September 2019
We are very pleased to announce the launch of our Trinity Drama syllabus specifications, which can be used for exams from 1 September 2020.
Trinity’s five Drama 2020 syllabus specifications have been designed to develop confidence and communication through solo and group performance from Initial to Grade 8.
Our syllabus specifications have been developed by industry experts to reflect today’s performance landscape. With five subjects to choose from, students have the chance to develop creativity, confidence and communication through performance to progress through education and develop life-long skills. Our syllabus specifications offer the widest range of performance experience through relevant, engaging and authentic tasks and activities.
- Five performance subjects to choose from: Acting, Communication Skills, Musical Theatre, Performance Arts, Speech and Drama covering the broadest range of contemporary performance and theatre-making
- The specifications have been designed for a diverse range of contemporary drama teaching contexts, including one-to-one classroom and performing arts schools
- All of our drama exams allow teachers and candidates free-choice of performance pieces to focus on works that play to their strengths, interests or complement an existing curriculum
- We have produced over 100 digital support resources for teachers and candidates, with an online anthology providing a diverse and international range of example pieces that offer the structure and inspiration needed to build exam programme
- The new syllabus specification design contains detailed assessment criteria, learning outcomes and attainment descriptors to fully support the teacher and candidate to succeed.
Unlike other syllabuses, there will be no overlap with previous drama syllabus specifications, and previous syllabus specifications will not be valid after 31 August 2020.
For more information please see www.trinitycollege.com/drama2020.