Trinity College London recognises that its operations can have an impact on the environment and is therefore committed to minimise this impact by adhering to a range of sustainable practices and setting targets to continually improve its environmental performance.
To accomplish this Trinity College London will:
- Review and analyse systematically the range of environmental issues arising from its operations
- Comply with relevant current and anticipated environmental legislation, regulations and official codes of practice
- Raise awareness of and encourage participation in environmental matters amongst its employees and associates
- Ensure that the environmental policy is implemented and supported at all levels of the company
- Use suppliers, wherever possible, who are committed to minimising the environmental impact of their business
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve its environmental performance
- Communicate openly the progress in reducing its environmental impact to internal and external stakeholders
Specific objectives include:
- Reducing the consumption of resources such as paper and plastic
- Minimising waste by encouraging re-use and recycling
- Making greater use of recycled products and materials, and materials derived from sustainable sources
- Increasing efficiency of water and energy usage
- Minimising environmental impact of business travel through long term planning and use of innovative technologies
- Reviewing this Environmental Policy annually to take into account best environmental practices and changes in business requirements, legislation, Government targets, and technology.